"You Too" and Stuff...

If it's "a penny for your thoughts" but you have to "put your two cents in", someone is making a penny somewhere.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Happy Monday!

The title of my blog comes from a Brian Regan bit. He's one of the funniest guys on the planet who is excellent when it comes to pondering why we do the stupid things that we do. I find that the "You Too" challenge is always present...I make the mistake almost daily. The "and Stuff" part in the title refers to all of those other things whose purposes are also unknown, but amusing none-the-less.

"Just trying to go through life without looking stupid, it's not working out too well. Sometimes you'll say the right thing but at the wrong time and feel stupid. Something like "You too!" I was getting out of a cab at the airport and the driver says, "Hey, have a good flight!" and I say, "You too! You have a nice flight in case you ever fly someday. Don't everybody look at me, I'm a moron. Don't know when to say the 'You Too' phrase!"
I can't handle it, I never learn. A waitress will bring my meal, "Hey, enjoy your meal!" And again I say, "You too! Wait, you don't have a meal do you? I'm a doofus. If you do eat a meal, enjoy it when you eat it if you have a break or somethin'. I mean later, if you get the opportunity, that's all I'm trying to say. That's all that I'm driving at, really, if you think about it. That's all." - Brian Regan

Check Brian out in a venue near you if you get the chance...I guarantee you'll get a few good chuckles!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home