"You Too" and Stuff...

If it's "a penny for your thoughts" but you have to "put your two cents in", someone is making a penny somewhere.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Ooh-zin' with Pop

I can't deny it anymore...I've nothin' but big love for these guys. If you've read all of the other stuff that I've written about them, you'll understand why I think The Oohs are one of the best things to happen to this town in forever...possibly even bigger than the Lincoln Complex...

Frank (the flirty one), Jim (the shy one), Brian (the married one), Brian (the single one)

This is an especially big weekend for The Oohs and I just want to wish them luck on their performance at the International Pop Overthrow (i don't think it's related to Material Issue...) in Chicago at the Wise Fool's Pub. On Sunday, they'll get to perform a full half-hour of their amazing, oh-so-catchy, original material. I got a very small taste of their new stuff last night when I saw them...they kicked as usual. I, as well as quite a few others, am waiting for the new CD to come out later this summer. Don't worry, I'll let you know so you can be the first on your block to grab it. Rumor has it that one song even has Frank on ukelele and Brian breakin' it down Dixie-land style...AND the new "Candy Apple Red 2005" with Jim on vocals. If you can't wait until the CD comes out and want to hear some of the new stuff, take a listen here (click on "MP3/Schedule"). You can check out the rotating songs that Brian posts regularly. While you're there, don't forget to sign-up for The Oohs mailing list. You'll get info. on the new releases, upcoming performances, and run-ins with pesky bar owners who've done them wrong. (tee-hee...)

Just to share with everyone..."O.K. with That", my favorite song by The Oohs and my personal highlight at every performance, is currently the #1 most played song on my itunes playlist...Yes, I love it just that much...check out a sample in the itunes music store.

If you're in the area and interested in seeing The Oohs play live, they'll be playing this Friday, May 6, at the Trading Post Saloon. Hopefully Brian won't get popped in the mouth with the mic again...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo. I always have to go to Chicago when something fun is happening that I'd actually leave the house for..

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, yes, International Pop Overthrow does have something to do with Material Issue - it's where IPO organizer David Bash got the name. Material Issue would be right in line with the kind of music featured during IPO festivals (RIP Jim Ellison).
Be patient with us Oohs - the Llama is not far from its' impending arrival, and you will be amongst the first to know when it's ready.
And "Candy Apple Red 2005" is not going to be on the new album - download it now while you can if you want it, although there's a chance it will be made available elsewhere in the future.

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probably should explain why "the single one" is appended to my name. I'd prefer to be clever and say that we're described similarly to The Beatles back in the day...in which case, it would be Frank (the flirty one), Jim (the quiet one), Brian (the single one) and Brian (the married one). But it's really just because with two Brians you have to try and keep people from being confused. (Of course, I tried to get the other two to change their names to Brian also so we could just call our band "Brian" and be done with it. Obviously that didn't work out. Shades of an old Python sketch.)

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home