"You Too" and Stuff...

If it's "a penny for your thoughts" but you have to "put your two cents in", someone is making a penny somewhere.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Am I A Slacker??

I suppose I'm either a slacker, having too much fun, or too busy doing productive type things to keep up daily with my blog...what the hell, maybe it's a combination of all three. I know that you've missed the blog, I've gotten mail, oh yes, I have fans... Don't worry, I'm baaaack!

Today's feature is a list of new trendy words that I found quite interesting...Would any of them count in Scrabble?


beighborhood: n. Area populated by good-looking people. ("Let's go downtown. Fifth Street has turned into a total beighborhood.")

DIZO: n. Acronym. Describes (busy, working, all-too-typical) couple: Dual Income, Zero Orgasm.

Earnest Hemmorrhage: n. A man who is oppressively forthcoming with every thought and feeling. Autonym: Ernest Hemingway, linguistically stingy author.

foxymoron: n. One who is incredibly dumb but incredibly cute, who simultaneously attracts and repels. ("I'm so ashamed. I hooked up with that foxymoron last night.")

GHaG: n. Acronym. Girl-Hating Girl. The one whose only friends are guys.

hobeau: n. A less-than-hygenic-boyfriend. ("Better open the window. Here comes Gloria and her hobeau.")

nontourage: n. A group of undesirable sycophants. ("The party was fun until Justin showed up with his nontourage.")

pharmasecrecy: n. The secret bond one has with her pharmacist. ("Only Mr. Myers knows the truth about my little Klonopin/Paxil/laxative habit.")

showflake: n. Person who chronically misses every appointment (e.g., haircuts, dinners, doctor visits). ("Is Louisa going to show, or is she pulling a showflake again?")

staremaster: n. Gym dandies who constantly check themselves out in the mirror. ("If that staremaster touches his pecs one more time...")

got nexts: n. The act of procuring the rights of playing the game in question, once the current party has departed. Most often used in arcades. ("Hey, it's a Ms. Pac-Man machine!" "Hey, I got nexts!")


Do you have any new trendy slang to share?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home