"You Too" and Stuff...

If it's "a penny for your thoughts" but you have to "put your two cents in", someone is making a penny somewhere.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Friday and Saturday...Pre-Ick...

I hope everyone had a great weekend, sorry it's taken me three days to actually post about mine. Usually I don't have very exciting weekends. They mainly just consist of V and I kicking back and catching up since we don't see each other during the week, things were a bit different this weekend however.

I did get together with V on Friday night for an experiment of sorts. My friend Tara had mentioned a pizza that she had ordered a few weeks prior and I couldn't get my mind off of it. Apparently, my favorite pizzeria in town had a well-kept secret. They had a Bianco sauce that I was unaware of. V and I decided to try it out and rent "The Pacifier" , also known as the worst movie ever. The pizza could've also been placed in that category. I've had much better and, as usual, the hype wasn't anything compared to the real thing.

I hadn't gone out with Becky for a while due to the boyfriend/work/general busy-ness of my life so when the opportunity arose to head to Soy City to see a familiar band, we thought we'd take it. Intrynsik had taken a brief hiatus to find a new guitar player and, for one of the members, to find a wife. Heh. They played at Lock, Stock, and Barrel. Being that it was the weekend of the Celebration, we were fairly certain that the place would be packed and it was. However, before we actually had to yell at each other to be heard, the inappropriate comments made by the band's sound guy regarding my breasts and his plans for them were perfectly audible. Eventually the place filled up, we drank up, and found ourselves dancing on chairs for the remainder of the evening, not so much as to be risky, but to see over the crowd. (Sorry again Courtney for chasing you away and giving you a scare...) The band was awesome, playing all of the great covers that we were akin to and adding some of their newest material in their set as well. It left us anxiously awaiting the new CD, more gigs, and left Weezer's "Beverly Hills" in my head for the remainder of the weekend.

(Becky's tribute to an ex-boyfriend & Todd being honest...note how well their shirts go together...)


(Me dancing and playing the Nuggets, a housesitting gift from Beck...yes, that is my gut hanging out of my shirt...I apologize)

(Me and Becks...Woo-Hoo!)

(I refuse to leave one stranger un-danced upon!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home