"You Too" and Stuff...

If it's "a penny for your thoughts" but you have to "put your two cents in", someone is making a penny somewhere.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Funky Cold Adema


* Warning, the below post contains a graphic pic of a nasty eye...

(Just a note from the previous post...I immediately went to the itunes store and purchased "Beverly Hills" by Weezer...consider my gator fed.)

Soooo...Becky and I rolled into town a little after 2 a.m. Upon returning home, I collapsed on a different bed than I usually sleep in, allowing my Toy Pomeranian, Shelby, to join me in slumber. When I woke up the next morning, I found that I was unable to open my left eye. It was burning and a bit matted. Immediately I knew that I had pink eye. Being the great girlfriend that I am, I also immediately thought of everything I had touched in V's house and how crazy he would be cleaning his place to rid it of my cooties. When I looked in the bathroom mirror, I noticed something that I had never seen before. It was one of those things that if you saw it on your mom or your best friend, you would actually back away from them, unconcerned as to if you were offending them or not. It really was as sexy as the following description is about to sound. I had an actual sac of fluid, resembling a bubble blister, hanging out of the corner of my eye. It was actually attached to my eyeball. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Automatically I was thinking about the eyeball transplant that I was going to have to get and hoping that the new eyeball would match the other. I considered my eyes to be one of my best assets.

Because I had nothing better to do on a Sunday morning and there was no place I'd rather be than the ER, I headed in that direction. After quite a long wait, I was finally examined. The swelling and "nasty sac" had gone down a bit, but I was still anxious to learn more about this freakish condition. The doctor did a lot of poking and prodding. At one point, he put a special drop in my eye, after much struggling with my reflexes that tend to try to defend themselves against whatever is close enough to invade my pupils. He then used a special black light to check my corneas for damage. Nada. Doc told me that I would cry yellow tears for a few days as a result of the drops and that my eyes would glow in black lights. I got excited when I thought back about the black light bulb that I had just bought for V a few weeks prior.

After several more hours, it was determined that due to the large amounts of smoke that I was surrounded by the night before mixed with the hair of my dog, whom I usually don't sleep with, I just had a simple eye infection that was triggered by allergies. If you want to get technical, I was diagnosed with chemosis, an adema of the conjunctivi. The simple cure was anti-bacterial eye drops and applications of a wet compress. As of today, Tuesday, I am as good as cured.

This isn't a picture of my eye, but is exactly what it looked like...ewwww.....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home