"You Too" and Stuff...

If it's "a penny for your thoughts" but you have to "put your two cents in", someone is making a penny somewhere.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Blech!

Well, it's official...I've been visited by the flu bug. Working in a shelter where lots of people are residing, I knew that I was bound to get it sooner or later. Like vomiting isn't bad enough, being emetophobic doesn't help matters at all. I've survived the worst and think I'll be ok. Wish me (and my gastrointestinal system) lots of luck!

Regarding someone whose luck has run out, I was sad to hear that the "King of Late Night", Johnny Carson, passed away today. I remember spending the night at my grandmother's house with my cousin and we would stay awake watching Mr. Carson's show. We liked the animals and when he wore that crazy fortune teller get-up mostly, but we still had fun trying to figure out what he was talking about when he made all of those sexual innuendos that we were too young to understand. And who could forget his very last episode where Bette Midler sang "One More for the Road?" that made Mr. Carson teary-eyed. It was only then that we realized that we would be going to bed lonely without him.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you possibly could have imagined." - Johnny Carson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home